Become A Member
Show your support and become a member of MDS!
It is easy to become a member by using our secure online payment facility and it’s inexpensive. Choose from the following membership categories below and Join MDS today! Alternatively, you can download the membership application form here and return it to us by post with your payment.
By becoming an MDS member you:
- Are supporting people with a disability, the frail aged, their families and carers.
- Are invited to the MDS Annual General Meeting and have the opportunity to vote for the nominated members of the Board of Directors.
- Will receive our regular print newsletters and e‑news bulletins.
Members are also the first to hear about:
- New MDS initiatives and updates about the innovative services we provide.
- MDS special events and other community events we conduct each year such as Jamm & Slamm or the MDS Get Active Macarthur Day.
- First chance to purchase tickets to our fundraising events like the Annual MDS Ball.
- Other great ways you can participate and show your support for people with a disability.
Becoming a member means you are supporting an organisation with over 30 years experience in providing support and services to people with a disability or mental illness.
Application For Membership
- Every applicant for membership of the Company (Applicant) must make an application for that membership in writing addressed to the Secretary.
- All applications for membership will be considered by the Board.
- Subject to the Act, the Board may impose such conditions of the membership of the Applicant as it thinks fit.
- An Applicant must be proposed by one (1) Member and seconded by another Member, who must both personally know the Applicant.
- An Applicant may only be made a Member if the Board unanimously approves their application. The Board is not required to give any reason for its decision concerning an application for membership.
Acceptance Of Application
- When an application for membership has been approved by the Board the Secretary must send the relevant Applicant written notice:
(a) confirming the Board’s approval of the Applicant becoming a Member; and
(b) requesting payment of their Entrance Fee and First Annual Subscription.
- The Board may, in its discretion, withdraw its approval of the application for membership at any time before the Applicant becomes a Member by notice in writing to that effect to the Applicant. The Board is not required to give any reason for its decision concerning the withdrawal of its approval.
- Upon payment of the Entrance Fee and First Annual Subscription the Applicant becomes a Member provided that such payments are made within two (2) calendar months after the date of a notice issued under paragraph (1). If payment is not made within that time, the Board’s approval of the application for membership will lapse.